There are two types of commercial floor inspection service available through NFCA.
- Single report – Either a Pre installation, Mid installation or Post installation (non destructive) inspection may be requested. This will include one visit to site and one written report that will compare site conditions and installation issues with industry standards.
- Quality Assurance Program installation review. This service assigns a certified floor inspector to a project to issue multiple reports at different stages of an installation. The purpose is to ensure that product manufacturers guide lines are followed and industry standards are maintained. See below for more details.
1. Pre, Mid, or Post installation. One report is issued.
The report will include:
- A brief claim history (where available)
- A review of site conditions
- A review of product specifications
- A review of site environmental conditions
- A review of substrate flatness using the straight edge method
- Comments on product performance and installation quality
- A conclusion (and recommendations where possible)
Note: Inspections are payable upfront and in advance of assigning an inspector.
Note: Floor coverings or projects that have already been inspected by a certified floor inspector (certified by a recognized and approved certification body) will not be re-inspected. Failure to disclose this prior to commissioning an inspection will result in the termination of the inspection reporting process. The inspection will be considered null and void. No refunds will be given.
Note: NFCA does not perform ASTM moisture testing. Submitted reports are available to all parties after 7 days.